I am excited for a great year! I know this year will present many challenges but know I am here to support you. You will read in this letter the ways a school counselor can be a resource to you throughout your years at Delta High School. Please see below for important information and updates.
- I send emails to students every Friday with important information and updates from the Counseling Office.
- I created the following CANVAS pages that students and parents have access to. Please go to the CANVAS website to join these pages.
- DHS Counseling page
- College Credit Plus page
- College 101 page
- Career Planning page
My role as the school counselor is layered and complex but my main goal is to help students be successful in and out of the classroom and to prepare them for their life after high school. My responsibilities fall into three main categories: Academic, Career and Social/Emotional Development.
- Study skills
- Time management/organization
- Graduation tracking
- 504 Plans
- College Credit Plus program
- Future plans (enlistment, employment, enrollment)
- College, financial aid, scholarships, college admissions visits
- Testing: ACT, PSAT, ASVAB, End of Course testing
- Resume/cover letters
- Interviewing skills
- Senior Success Day, Manufacturing Day & College Fair field trips
- Mental health topics and resources
- Brief, solution-based counseling
- Crisis counseling
I hope that you will utilize me as a resource to help you navigate your four years at Delta High School. I do not know all the answers but I will work to find them for you and help you be successful. As a school counselor, I am an advocate for your success in and out of the classroom.
Again, I look forward to a great year! Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.