The Board of Education recognizes the value of being accessible to the community. We believe that transparency and open communication are important to the success of our school district. Staff, students & community members are always welcome to contact a Board member for a one-on-one conversation.
Because of Brown Act requirements and time restrictions, regular monthly Board meetings are not the ideal setting for informal, two-way communication. Acknowledging this, and for those not comfortable with a one-on-one conversation, the Board of Education has established “Board Office Hours”.
Two (rotating) members of the Board of Education will be present at each meeting. Board members may come prepared with topics or questions of their own, but participants are also encouraged to bring appropriate topics to discuss.
As a reminder, the responsibilities of the Board of Education can be found here https://www.pdys.org/BoardofEducation.aspx. Topics for the Board Office Hours should fall within these areas of responsibility.
- Topics related to the strategic priorities & goals of the district, district policies and district finances are appropriate.
- Topics that are operational in nature should be addressed through the proper chain of command. The Board of Education does not engage in school operations; that is the role of district staff.
- Topics involving sensitive or personal information regarding individual students or staff are not appropriate for this forum, but rather should be discussed individually with district staff or a member of the Board.
- Topics discussed at Board Office Hours are not guaranteed to be private and/or confidential. To discuss such an issue, please contact the Board, or an individual board member directly.
It is important to note that no decisions or commitments will be made during Board Office Hours. Decisions of the Board of Education can only be made by a majority vote during official Board meetings. Statements made by board members during Board Office Hours represent the view of that board member and not the Board of Education as a whole.
Guidelines to follow:
- Staff, students, parents and community members are welcome.
- Meetings will be held via Zoom.
- Participants will be called on to share their comments on a first-come, first-served basis; meaning in the order in which they log into the meeting.
- Participants are expected to be courteous and respectful of others’ views and time. If a participant becomes disruptive, the Board reserves the right to remove them from the meeting.
- Meetings will end no later than the stated time, unless extended at the discretion of the participating board members. The meeting may end early if all discussion topics have been covered.
How to register:
- A separate Zoom meeting registration will be required for each meeting. A registration link will be shared via social media leading up to the meeting and can be found below.
- The registration will ask for your name, email and how you are related to the Pike-Delta-York district.
- Once registered, you will receive an email confirmation with Zoom meeting info.
- In order to prepare, registration will be closed 24 hours prior to each scheduled meeting.
- If you want to join using only your phone, register for the meeting and your confirmation email will provide a call-in phone number.
Click the link below to register:
Wednesday, June 23, 2021 from 5:30-6:30pm
Thursday, July 15, 2021 from 5:30-6:30pm
Tuesday, August 10, 2021 from 5:30-6:30pm
Wednesday, September 15 from 5:30-6:30pm
Thursday, October 7, 2021 from 5:30-6:30pm
Monday, November 1, 2021 from 5:30-6:30pm
Wednesday, December 15, 2021 from 5:30-6:30pm